Thursday, January 27, 2011

I LOVE FOOD!

The obnoxious use of CAPS doesn't even do the sentiment justice. I lovelovelove eating, cooking, baking, reading about food, and shopping for food, especially in out-of-the-way, little-known places where people grow it themselves.
I'm actually not a great cook. I like to experiment a little too much, and throwing in half the fridge or the spice cupboard doesn't always work out (though, sometimes it does - and I'd like to record why). But, I'm a pretty darn good baker if I do say so myself; I feel ok saying it myself 'cause others have said it (other than my mom). :)
What I'd really like to be though is an intuitive cook. And I'd like to gain more knowledge about food, especially local food, and how food is grown and produced and cooked. Since intuition does just HIT you, I am going to have to do some more experimenting, (yikes!) but also some more skill building and reading, so that my intuition about what flavours go well together, and what wine to serve with food, and what will happen when I substitute this spice for that, can be based on fact and experience.

So, here I go, and I will start with learning more about wine, cheese, and french cooking (yep, Julia Child - I know, it's been done, but that crazy, wonderful, hilarious lady is so absolutely up my alley).

No comments:

Post a Comment